Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dear God....

Dear God, please send me someone who'll care;
I'm tired of running, I'm sick with despair;
My body is aching; it's so racked with pain.
And, dear God, I pray as I run in the rain
That someone will love me and give me a home,
A warm cozy bed and a big juicy bone.
My last owner tied me all day in the yard;
Sometimes with no water; and, God, that was hard!
So I chewed my leash, God; and I ran away,
To rummage in garbage; and live as a stray.
But now, God, I'm tired; and hungry and cold
And I'm, Oh, so afraid; that I'll never grow old.
They've chased me with sticks, hit me with stones,
While I run the streets; just looking for bones.
I'm not really bad, God, please help if you can
For I have become just another; "victim of man!"
I'm wormy, dear God; and I'm ridden with fleas
And all I ever wanted was an owner to please.
If you find one for me, God, I'll try to be good;
I wont chew their shoes; and I'll do as I should.
I'll love them, protect them, and try to obey
When they tell me to sit; to lie down or to stay!
I don't think I'll make it, too long on my own
Cause I'm getting so weak; and I'm, Oh, so alone.
Each night, as I sleep in the bushes, I cry
Cause I'm so afraid, God, that I'm gonna die.
I've got so much love and devotion to give
That I should be given a new chance to live.
So, dear God, please, oh please, answer my prayer;
And send me to somebody who will really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment