Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Having the Blues

Sometimes doing rescue can get you down emotionally. It's exhausting sometimes at the end of the day. You just feel like you have nothing left to give to anyone. You've given it all to the cause. You just feel like you go into battle everyday, and you have to wear this emotional armor to be able to get through it. There is a lot of sadness. and even drama. I have to remind myself sometimes when I get angry or upset with someone or something that is said, that it isn't about me. It isn't about them. It's about the animals. THAT is what's important. Not the BS, and politics that accompany it... Just look into the eyes of a sick, lonely, or abused animal. Then you have all that you need to keep going.


We are here to save lives, and sometimes people's feeling get hurt along the way.
SO-for all those that have gotten their feelings hurt by me, I'm sorry. But remember, we all fight for the same thing, and at the end of the day the animals are what matter most.


I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter, the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness, and betrayal. And I was angry. "God!" I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something." God was silent for a moment, and then spoke softly, "I have done something," was the reply. "I created you." ( Jim Willis ©1999-2004) SAVE A LIFE-it makes a difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment